Skip to main content

Wonder


Hi everyone :)

With my book still being in editing, and having a break in my own writing, I decided to pick up a book I've wanted to read for quite some time now: Wonder.

Just to give a background on the book itself (in case some of you have not heard of it), the story follows a 10yr old boy who has a very rare genetic condition. This condition morphs his face due to lack of bone structure, causing him to look differently than others.

I will be honest. I'm not usually one to read about things that are "real." Sure, The Clique Series, 50 Shades of Gray, etc., but when it comes to me actually going to a store and picking these types of books up myself, it doesn't happen that often.

Just like the books I write, I enjoy reading about fantasy and adventure.

My mom was talking to me about this book and how she wanted to read it too. We watched a documentary about a family who this book was based off of, and that's what peaked my interest.

Now, I'm not a chick flick/romance novel kind of person. Yes, I do write about romance in my books, but that's only after the fantasy is involved.

What I did like about this story was it was very relatable. Even if you don't have a unique feature, you can relate to the main character, Auggie. He faced things most 10 year olds face. The book covered friendships, new schools, bullying, over-coming obstacles and challenges, and most of all, love.

If there's anything I've learned from this is we should all be more like Auggie.

I truly believe this book is a great read for kids and adults alike. We all can learn from this story, and I will highly recommend this book to anyone.

Follow me on Social Media :)
Instagram: NMWilliamsAuthor
Snapchat: NMWilliams2018
FaceBook: NMWilliams2018


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Moonlight Book 2 in editing!!!

Good news, everyone!! :) The second book to my Dark Moonlight series has now been sent to the editing stage! From the book cover to the story itself, this process can take several months. We are looking at the release date for this book to be early next year! I know it seems so far away, but everything has to be perfect before a book can get released. Depending on what my editing team finds, I may need to go back and change some things up (and possibly even change some of the storyline). It's really a back-and-forth process. I am not going to release the title of the second book, but you will all know it soon enough! Once the book has been sent for it's final editing round, I will release the book title then. It's going to take a few months before it does reach the final editing, so hold tight! :) In the meantime, check out Book 1, Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising! Skye's story is one you won't want to miss. Full of senior year emotions, friendship, and roma