Skip to main content

Never Stop Chasing Your Dreams



I do want to go ahead and talk to you guys about how important it is to follow your dreams no matter what it takes. This is really what the focus of today's post is all about. And truthfully, following your dreams can be very frustrating when you have lack of support, but it's so important that you keep going.

When I started both my fitness and writing journeys, I had no idea where it would take me. I had no idea that one day I would have 3 books on the market for sell at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes. I had no idea that one day I would write blogs with the hope that I am helping at least one person. I definitely had no idea I would get the opportunity to work with an amazing company like IdealFit.

When I first started all of this, I'm pretty sure the only person who knew everything I was doing was my husband. We have been working out together since we were sophomores in college, and I was even working out a lot longer than that. When I told him that I was now working with IdealFit, he was super excited for me. He knows how much I love their products and how much their products has helped me not only build muscle, but also build me up as a person. 

As far as writing goes, he knew I was writing books and I planned on publishing them at some point. When I released 2 books last year, and 1 earlier this year, he couldn't have been more proud. And I'm not done yet ;) 

He and my parents have been absolutely supportive of me this entire time, both with writing and fitness. They know that it's what I'm most passionate about. If anything, I want my fitness journey as well as my writing to help people anyway I can. 

One of the things my husband has always told me was that you can't expect people to help you live your dreams. That no one wants to see you do better than them. I understood the words he told me, but not the message. At least not until fairly recently. 

I have people in my life who say they support me, but turn around and do the opposite. Social Media, as we all know, is a very big, if not the biggest, form of free advertisement. In seconds, you can like, comment, and share posts while moving on with your lives. So, why does it seem to be that much more difficult to like, comment, or share my posts, whether it be with fitness or my books? Is the mouse suddenly harder to click? Or the keyboard harder to type on? 

Now, by all means I am not saying I need the support of everyone, because truthfully, I don't. Between my husband, parents, sister, and close friends, I have all the support I need right within them. It's one thing to tell me you support me, it's another to actually support me. Actions speak SO much louder than words.

At first, it made me wonder why I wasn't going to be good enough for them? Why they weren't trying to help me? Why they weren't showing any support? And then what my husband said hit me. Everyone wants to see you do well, just never better.

It just amazes me how little they care when it comes to helping and supporting someone else.

Your success has nothing to do with the people in your lives. It comes directly from inside you. It wasn't until I realized everything that was happening what it was exactly my husband has told me for years now. Only you can make your dreams come true. You have to be your biggest supporter, biggest fan, biggest motivator, biggest everything. 

It's taken me a few months to finally wrap my head around all of this. Like I said earlier in this post, between my husband, parents, sister, grandmother, and close friends, I have all the support I need. If anything, my best friend (and she knows if she's reading this), has without a doubt become my biggest fan, both in books and fitness. 

So, if there's any kind of take home message within this post, it's to stop trying to get the approval of others and go live your life the way you want to. You're in the driver's seat. If people don't want to go along for the ride, you can leave them behind (maybe not literally, but figuratively, yes). Don't let anyone stop you from being the best you you can be. You know what you're capable of! Now go out there and take on the world!

Follow me on Social Media :)
Instagram: NMWilliamsAuthor
FaceBook: NMWilliams2018
Snapchat: NMWilliams2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Moonlight Book 2 in editing!!!

Good news, everyone!! :) The second book to my Dark Moonlight series has now been sent to the editing stage! From the book cover to the story itself, this process can take several months. We are looking at the release date for this book to be early next year! I know it seems so far away, but everything has to be perfect before a book can get released. Depending on what my editing team finds, I may need to go back and change some things up (and possibly even change some of the storyline). It's really a back-and-forth process. I am not going to release the title of the second book, but you will all know it soon enough! Once the book has been sent for it's final editing round, I will release the book title then. It's going to take a few months before it does reach the final editing, so hold tight! :) In the meantime, check out Book 1, Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising! Skye's story is one you won't want to miss. Full of senior year emotions, friendship, and roma