Skip to main content

8 Years and Counting!



8 years ago, today, I had my first date with my now-husband. We went to TCBY for frozen yogurt and then back to his parents' house for a movie night. It was then I agreed to be his girlfriend.

Rewind a few years ago, when I was in the student lounge at Penn State Fayette, I saw him for the first time. He had on a black and white Tapout shirt, aviator sunglasses, and a mohawk. Yeah, I had a major crush on him. I never talked to him, though. I'm normally not a shy person, but when it came to him I couldn't bring myself to even say hi. 

The following semester we had English 202c together. It was the worst class we had ever taken and we kind of started bonding a little over that. From talking, I found out he works out at the campus gym every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after class. Coming from a fitness background myself, I told him I could get him abs in 2 weeks. I couldn't, but it was a way for us to spend time together.

I ended up going to the gym with him after class, and we would be there anywhere from 2-4 hours. We were getting close, and I was falling for him, but I didn't think he felt the same way back. I never said anything.

One day after work, I got a text from him asking me what I thought of this other girl he knew. He told me he wanted to ask her out. Having been slightly hurt, and him not wanting to know how I really felt, I just told him I didn't know her well enough to give him an honest opinion. It wasn't a lie, but it was then I knew he didn't like me like I liked him. We were talking about it for a little longer and I decided to just give in and tell him how I felt. I figured at that point what's it matter anyway? 

Turns out, he never asked her out. He began talking to me more and hanging out with me more. Over the next few weeks, things have been going great. I still liked him, but was still skeptical about whether or not he liked me more than a friend.

One day before physics, we drove out to TCBY and got some frozen yogurt. I didn't really think anything of it. Just thought it was a way to kill time. He then invited me over for dinner and a movie at his parents' house, where during the movie he asked me to be his girlfriend. 

8 years later we are happily married and living our best lives. We never stopped working out together and still continue to push each other in the gym and stay focused on our eating habits. Our relationship has been built around the gym and chances are it will always be like that. It has become a passion for us both and I don't ever see us stopping.

Although we are unsure as to where life will take us, we both know it'll be us living it together. If it's anything like these 8 years have been, I know it will be incredibly beautiful!

You can read our whole story leading up from us dating to where we are now in my memoir, A Coal Miner's Wife. I have attached the link for you below for you convenience. 

 https://amzn.to/2UVXXBJ - Amazon
https://bit.ly/2Ify7Te - Barnes & Noble

https://nmwilliamsauthor.wixsite.com/mysite-1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Moonlight Book 2 in editing!!!

Good news, everyone!! :) The second book to my Dark Moonlight series has now been sent to the editing stage! From the book cover to the story itself, this process can take several months. We are looking at the release date for this book to be early next year! I know it seems so far away, but everything has to be perfect before a book can get released. Depending on what my editing team finds, I may need to go back and change some things up (and possibly even change some of the storyline). It's really a back-and-forth process. I am not going to release the title of the second book, but you will all know it soon enough! Once the book has been sent for it's final editing round, I will release the book title then. It's going to take a few months before it does reach the final editing, so hold tight! :) In the meantime, check out Book 1, Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising! Skye's story is one you won't want to miss. Full of senior year emotions, friendship, and roma