Skip to main content

Get To Know Me



Hi everyone! :)

A year ago I decided to take a leap and become an author. I must say, I have LOVED every minute of it! From publishing my first book, A Coal Miner's Wife, to now having the first book of my Dark Moonlight trilogy series out, I can honestly say this has been such an adventure I never knew I needed.

Since this is my first blog post about being an author and my books, I thought I'd start off my kind of letting you all in on my life.

My pen name is N.M. Williams, which is just my first/middle name initials, and my last name. Nothing crazy there. I live with my husband, our two beautiful, black cats, Pain and Panic, and our box turtle, Turbo. We live in a small Pennsylvania town, not far from where I grew up. My husband and I both love Disney and everything about it. In fact, we try to vacation there every couple years. On top of that, I am very much into fitness and, of course, writing! :) That pretty much sums everything up about me.

All of my books are geared more towards young readers. I always felt that kids and young adults should pick up a book and picture themselves as the main character. Reading helps expand your imagination and vocabulary, and being able to live in the first character of the stories makes it all that much more enjoyable.

I do enjoy writing fantasy novels (even though I have a memoir out there). For some reason, fantasy has always grasped my attention more so than any other genre. It's actually pretty fun for me to put together my own theories about creatures that are already known. For example, and without giving anything away, in my book, A Dragon Within, I created my own myth about dragons that I have not found anywhere else before.

One of the questions I get asked, a lot, is why I started to write. There really isn't an easy answer to that question.

The best thing I can tell you is this: I have always loved books. One of my fondest memories with my dad is we would sit down together every night and read Richard Scarry books. We probably did this until I hit late elementary school. My mom and I would always read Dr. Seuss books. My grandparents and I would read anything from The Berenstain Bears to Sesame Street books. I have just always loved to read, and still do.

One of the things I love about being able to write my own stories is trying to come up with a theme to the books. I want my audience to learn something, or at least have a take-home message. I want to give my readers the same joy in my books that I get from reading other authors' works.

I know a lot of you have asked if I would start a blog for my books, which is partly why I'm doing this for you all now. Another reason I started this blog is because I don't always get a chance to sit down and write my books everyday. There is a lot that goes into writing, or at least for me.

An example of that is before I begin to write, I need to jot down what I'm going to do as far as the chapters go. I need to have a clear outline so I know what I will be writing about each time I log back on. On top of that, I will sometimes come across writer's block. I tend to overcome that fairly quickly, but there are times where even though I have my outline next to me, I still am unsure about how to go about getting my characters to that point.

But, getting back to my books and the take-home messages, I do want you all to find something in my stories that you can apply to everyday life. I try to make my books relatable, even if I am writing about dragons or werewolves. There are still some lessons behind the stories.

Now, as mentioned before, I do have three books currently on the market. Since I am in the process of beginning a blog now, the remainder of my posts will be geared more towards the books I write from here on out.

Here are the synopses of all 3 books:

A Coal Miner's Wife
This book is a journey through the life of a twenty seven year old on how she became a coal miner's wife. This book takes you through their years of dating, the challenges they both have faced, and how the life for them both is. This book is to bring to light that no matter what challenges may arise in your life, love conquers all.

A Dragon Within
McKenna was your typical girl. She was an honor student who would do anything to make her parents proud. Things all changed after her fifteenth birthday. For McKenna, things are not always as they appear. Her love of dragons will take her to places she never believed existed. As she learns more about herself, the truth of a prophecy placed upon her at birth is known. Will this prophecy come true or is destiny truly up to her?

Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising
Skye Collins loved everything about cheerleading. As she and her best friend, Roxy, enter their senior year of high school together, emotions begin to run high. As if senior year was not enough pressure, a new kid arrives the second week. Skye tries to get his attention, but he does his best to avoid her. When the two of them are last in a contest, he begins to talk to her. As they get close, things do not seem to be the same. When Skye follows him one night, she sees something she only imagined from horror movies. Will senior year be the best year of her life? Or will things get complicated and have her wishing for a new beginning?

You are able to purchase A Coal Miner's Wife, A Dragon Within, and book 1, Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iTunes. All three books are available as an eBook and paperback (see links below to make navigating to my books easier).

Feel free to follow me on Social Media at the following:
FaceBook: NMWilliams2018
Twitter: NWilliams101417
Instagram: NMWilliamsAuthor
Snapchat: nmwilliams2018
Pinterest: nmwilliams101417

https://nmwilliamsauthor.wixsite.com/mysite-1

https://amzn.to/2KzselG - A Coal Miner's Wife, Amazon
https://bit.ly/2Ify7Te - A Coal Miner's Wife, B&N
https://amzn.to/2X65BGU - A Dragon Within, Amazon
https://bit.ly/2X4CljR - A Dragon Within, B&N
https://amzn.to/2US9FgA - Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising, Amazon
https://bit.ly/2Ig1vZC - Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising, B&N





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Moonlight Book 2 in editing!!!

Good news, everyone!! :) The second book to my Dark Moonlight series has now been sent to the editing stage! From the book cover to the story itself, this process can take several months. We are looking at the release date for this book to be early next year! I know it seems so far away, but everything has to be perfect before a book can get released. Depending on what my editing team finds, I may need to go back and change some things up (and possibly even change some of the storyline). It's really a back-and-forth process. I am not going to release the title of the second book, but you will all know it soon enough! Once the book has been sent for it's final editing round, I will release the book title then. It's going to take a few months before it does reach the final editing, so hold tight! :) In the meantime, check out Book 1, Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising! Skye's story is one you won't want to miss. Full of senior year emotions, friendship, and roma