Skip to main content

Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising *NO Spoilers* Q&A's


As I sit here eating my peanut butter apple, I thought now would be a good time to answer some of my fan questions about Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising :)

Q: Where do you get your inspiration for your names?
A: A lot of times, the names I pick out for my characters are based on names/people I like. For example, Skylar (my main character in my Dark Moonlight trilogy series), is a name I absolutely love for a girl. I've always wanted to name any future daughter I have this name, but my husband didn't care too much for it. So, Skye's character was created. Roxy is based off my best friend's name and thought it would be good to have her be Skye's best friend. Jason, just like with Skye, is a name I've always liked. As far as the characters in Dark Moonlight goes, Roxy is really the only name I picked from someone I know personally.

Q: Where did your inspiration for this series come from?
A: There really isn't one answer for this. I always joke around with my husband that he's a werewolf. I've always heard of the moon affecting people, but never really believed it. That is, until we started dating. The moon affects his moods. When it's full, he's very hyper, active, and doesn't sleep much. When it's a new moon, he becomes moody and depressed. My inspiration to throw werewolves into this series basically came from him. Another inspiration was the song Bad Moon by Hollywood Undead. I first heard that song when I was starting to get ideas for a new series. That song, too, talks about how the moon affects you and how werewolves are out during the full moon (see video below; **explicit language**). This song has kind of become the theme song of this series. Just like my other books, my inspiration comes from people I know and things around me that I find interest in.

https://youtu.be/ri7E8IAoVi0

Q: What made you want to become a writer?
A: That's a very good question! I have always loved reading. Ever since I can remember I always had a book in my hand. When I read stories, I like to put myself into the first person and pretend like I am reading my own story. I always loved the way authors are able to portray certain characters in certain settings, and really bring the stories to life. I've always liked the thought of being able to write my own stories that would give everyone that same feeling that other authors have given me. I want my stories to really capture the reader's attention and bring out their imagination. Yes, the stories are already made up for your pleasure, but you get to create everything in your minds. The beautiful thing is what I think of when I write my books (as far as the characters looks, or the scenes) may not be the same as what you all see when you read them. There really is no right or wrong way to read or imagine, and I think that's really special.

Q: Do you think your series will ever be a movie?
A: I honestly have no idea. I think it would be really cool to see my books on the big screen, but I'm not sure if it will or will not happen. I guess only time will tell :)

Q: Where did you come up with the football hits Jason made?
A: Ok, so, funny story. The football chapter with Jason playing wasn't completely made up. My husband used to play football for his high school. The hits that Jason made, and the injuries talked about in that chapter, are actual hits that my husband made on other players. I even gave Jason his high school football number as a way to put my own "Easter egg" into the stories (for those who know my husband and I personally). He would tell me about the hits he made and I thought it would be fun to add to my story. I thought it made it interesting.

Q: Do you think you'll always write fantasy novels?
A: Well, I really enjoy fantasy. I think it opens up doors to really lead to the imaginative and creative part of our brains. My first book, A Coal Miner's Wife,  is actually a memoir of my and my husband's lives. I also have another book in the drafting stage for when I'm done with my Dark Moonlight series that isn't going to be fantasy, either. It will still be a "made-up" story, but it's g
oing to be something I think a lot of people can relate and learn from. So, in a very long way, no, I will not always write fantasy novels.


Q: How long does it take for you to write your books?
A: I think that varies by book. A Coal Miner's Wife only took me about a month to actually write (mostly because I didn't have to make any of it up). By the time editing was completed, the book itself was out on the market in 6 months. A Dragon Within took me about a year to write, with another 6 months of editing before it was put up for sale. Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising took me a little over a year to write. There was a lot more research that went into this novel. It also took about 6 months of editing before being placed for purchase. Book 2 of the Dark Moonlight series (sorry, no freebies) is in the process still of being written. I started to write the second part when I sent Lunar Rising out for editing. I am hoping to have the writing part done by summer so the book can be edited and released for purchase early next year. Book 3 of the trilogy will probably be the same. I think a lot of it just goes into how much research I need to do prior to writing, and if I hit writer's block while writing the stories out for you.

Be sure to follow me on Social Media, too :)
FaceBook: NMWilliams2018
Instagram: NMWilliamsAuthor
Twitter: NWilliams101417
Snapchat: NMWilliams2018
Pinterest: NMWilliams101417

https://nmwilliamsauthor.wixsite.com/mysite-1

You can get your purchase of A Coal Miner's Wife, A Dragon Within, and Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes; both as a paperback or an eBook.
Links below for your convenience

https://bit.ly/2Ify7Te - A Coal Miner's Wife, Barnes & Noble
https://amzn.to/2IlpRBj - A Coal Miner's Wife, Amazon
https://bit.ly/2X4CljR - A Dragon Within, Barnes & Noble
https://amzn.to/2Xh7zV4 - A Dragon Within, Amazon
https://bit.ly/2Ig1vZC - Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising, Barnes & Noble
https://amzn.to/2GfG2MU - Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising, Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Moonlight Book 2 in editing!!!

Good news, everyone!! :) The second book to my Dark Moonlight series has now been sent to the editing stage! From the book cover to the story itself, this process can take several months. We are looking at the release date for this book to be early next year! I know it seems so far away, but everything has to be perfect before a book can get released. Depending on what my editing team finds, I may need to go back and change some things up (and possibly even change some of the storyline). It's really a back-and-forth process. I am not going to release the title of the second book, but you will all know it soon enough! Once the book has been sent for it's final editing round, I will release the book title then. It's going to take a few months before it does reach the final editing, so hold tight! :) In the meantime, check out Book 1, Dark Moonlight: Lunar Rising! Skye's story is one you won't want to miss. Full of senior year emotions, friendship, and roma